Friday, February 6, 2015

Red Rock Le Quatre Saison

I probably should have saved this for the week I'm studying saisons, but it was in my fridge, and I couldn't resist! After all, it was in the mid 60s today. Did I mention it's February in Utah? Yes, I believe a saison is in order!



Red Rock Le Quatre Saison

BG Poured from a 16.9 fl oz (500ml) bottle into a Red Rock stemmed tulip, 6.2% ABV, Bottled 02/03/15, Lot 698

A Straw to light gold in color with 2.5 fingers of fluffy, cotton white head. Lacing lines the glass, and looks like frosting dripping down the side of a freshly decorated cupcake. The beer is quite cloudy, and creates a sort of glow.

A This beer is all about that bubblegum yeast character. Tartness, tangerines, blood orange, bread dough, the gentlest hint of floral hops, lemon zest.

T Fresh squeezed tangerines, hints of clove, pepper, spicy phenols, pita bread, a touch of funk, finishes slightly sweet

M Tart, medium bodied, moderate carbonation

A Orange rind, mild floral hop bitterness

C This is a gorgeous farmhouse ale. I’ve had limited release farmhouse ales from other breweries that aren’t half as good as this. And I swear, I’m being as unbiased as possible. Yeast rules the roost here, and dishes up flavors like fresh, tart citrus and light spices to keep your taste buds happy. The yeast is balanced by bready malt and floral hops to create a very quaffable French-Belgian treat. 

FP Roasted lemon chicken with truffle mashed potatoes and braised carrots with thyme. Cauliflower soup with green onions and crumbled bleu cheese. Key lime pie.

No comments:

Post a Comment